How We Work
We have formed committees focused on specific aspects of recovery. The LTRG is guided by a steering committee made up of the chairs of each of the following committees.:
- Case management: Works to coordinate unduplicated efforts to clients affected by the disaster including assisting with recovery plans and referrals to respective agencies to match needs with services.
Committee Co-Chairs: Nicholas Minh Nguyen, Salvation Army, and Heidi Amundson, United Methodist Committee on Relief
- Finance / Communications / Fundraising: Works to secure grants, donations and other resources for the Ventura County Thomas Fire LTRG 2017 and coordinates with other entities (ie. Manufacturers, supplies, etc) to secure donations and funding.
Committee Co-Chairs: Susan Englund, Unite Way and Anne Whatley, Center for Nonprofit Leadership, Nonprofit Leadership Council
- Community Assessment: Canvases the community to identify recovery gaps and unmet needs. This committee shares gaps and needs to the LTRG 2017.
Chair: Jim Rivera, Ventura County Community Foundation
- Volunteer Coordination: Works to utilize experiences groups and unaffiliated volunteers to recovery projects (i.e. construction) to match the volunteer skills with project needs. The committee assists the volunteer groups with local logistics (lodging, vendors) Chair: Catherine Blickenstaff
- Housing: Oversees the coordination and scheduling of all rebuilding projects for cases approved by the LTRG process-a project manager function.
Chair: Jill Shaffer, Habitat for Humanity
Monthly full group meetings: are held the third Wednesday of each month, 9:30a.m.- 11a.m. at the College United Methodist Church’s Fellowship Hall (4300 Telegraph Rd, Ventura, CA 93003). Next meeting is Wed, Sept 26th 9:30-11am.
The individual committees have separate meetings. Contact committee chairs for details on meeting times and locations.